Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's the End of a [Snuggie] Era

Well...it's finally here. November 19th marks my final day at Canvas On Demand. Over the past 4 months, I have made a lot of memories and friends here. To start off...I met my roomie and my "person" (Grey's reference...) here - Cat. Here is the evidence of the day we bonded:



Charlie's Snuggies




Swimming in a Snuggie Sea


I am also going to miss my cube neighbor, Ryan, who liked to shoot me with ther little nerf gun. No joke. We're a professional (and quite successful) canvas printing website. I probably won't miss the gun?


Ryan's little eye hurt that day...haha...


I also wanted to give a shout-out to the rest of the ladies - Rika Suave (Marika), JennaLovesCanvas (Jenna), Nene (Renee), and AnaBanana (Ana). AND - I can't forget my partner in outbound-call-crime, Sarah! I am going to miss our fun times together...and I'll miss our post-work dinner/drinks even MORE.

This company does so many great things throughout the community and for the troops. I am very honored to have been a part of the COD Fam. To check it out and order a beautiful canvas - www.canvasondemand.com

In two days, I will be making the big move to the little town of New Bern. I got the Uhaul and three manly men to help me lift all of my crap. Wait - let me rephrase - my HEAVY crap. It's amazing how easy it was to entice them with pizza and beer. Oh boys...gotta love them. My dad, aka Terry of Apex, and my stepmom are going to also help me with getting my little car down to New Bern as I drive the Uhaul. If you are on HWY 70 after lunch time on Saturday...get the hell out of the way! I've driven a 2-door coupe for 7 years...the Uhaul might be a tad different. Maybe I'll have Jackwell (Jack) do the driving...that might prevent me from having to USE the insurance policy that I bought with my Uhaul rental.

I am sad and nervous to leave the Durham/Raleigh/Apex/Chapel Hill area. I've been here my whole life and I know everything there is to know about the area:

Raleigh = NCSU (eww)
Durham = Duke (bigger, smellier eww)
Apex = Bojangles (clearly, the epitome of southern charm)
Chapel Hill = Heaven (...with a smidge of arrogance) :)

BUT - I am so excited to begin this new chapter. I am ready to discover and learn all there is to learn about the eastern side of NC. Here's what I already know about my new area:

Camp Lejeune = marines (hmm...run away?)
Emerald isle = 45 minutes away from new apt (yipee)
Bojangles = oh yea it's there (phew)

Once I get all settled and decorated (that's what I REALLY care about...nesting...), I'll take a bunch of pictures to show yall my new place.

No comments: